In this post we’ll take a look at how to create a website. We’ll start by creating a webhosting account, then configuring an e-mail address, and then installing and configuring WordPress. In addition to the text instructions, there is also a YouTube video showing exactly how to do it.
Quick Overview of Creating a Website
- Create a webhosting account. I generally recommend Stablehost for newbie websites. You can safely get away with their lowest plan if you’re just starting out.
- Wait for the e-mail instructions to arrive. Login to cPanel and configure an e-mail address.
- Install WordPress
- Do some basic configuration of WordPress.
- You’re ready to start writing some content
Recommended before you begin:
- Make sure you type carefully. If you misspell your domain name or e-mail address, it’s going to make things very complicated.
- Get a password manager. You will need to create a lot of passwords, and it’s generally best not to use the same password over and over. Mitto.com offers a free online password service. This way, you only have to remember one password. Other possibilities are KeePassX (free download) and LastPass.com (free download or paid online).
- When you choose passwords, taking four unrelated words and stringing them together with a symbol is much easier to remember and type than typical “complex passwords”.
- Part 1 – Create a Webhosting Account and Install WordPress
- Website Tutorial Part 2 – Configuring WordPress
- Website Tutorial Part 3 – Write your First Page, Post, Create a Menu
Subscribe for Free Updates
Learn how you too can be buff for the beach.